- Teach your child his/her full name, address and phone number.
- Explain how to use the telephone, area codes, collect calls, pay phones.
- Define a stranger, a person seen daily is still a stranger.
- Tell your children it’s best to travel in groups and stay away from isolated areas.
- Instruct your children to report any suspicious people or incidents to you.
- Teach children to run, scream, yell, kick and fight if threatened by a stranger.
- No one has the right to touch your children in a way that makes them feel uncomfortable.
- When home alone, don’t let people know you are alone. Call for mom even if she’s not at home.